2-Way Active Studio Monitor
- Whether you’re upgrading your listening experience or producing music, Eris® E5 studio monitors deliver superior sound in a stylish design. Equipped with 80W of Class AB biamplification, flexible connectivity and a robust suite of acoustic tuning controls to mitigate room anomalies, Eris E5s deliver a smooth, refined sound that accurately reproduces transients and high frequencies, while providing a less-fatiguing listening experience during marathon mixing and production sessions.
- A five-inch woven-composite woofer helps break up reflected energy to provide a constant dispersion pattern, for a cleaner overall sound, delivering a smooth low end that belies the Eris E5’s compact size. The custom-designed silk-dome tweeter’s wide dispersion pattern creates a large sweet spot and superior stereo imaging.
- A speaker’s performance can be impaired by room placement and anomalies. That’s why the Eris E5 offers acoustic tuning controls that let you configure the speaker for your room for the most accurate listening experience. You get Low-cut, Mid and High controls as well as a three-way Acoustic Space tuning that compensates for the effects of placement against a wall or in a corner. Balanced XLR and ¼-inch TRS and unbalanced RCA line-level inputs make it easy to connect virtually any line-level source.
- Suitable for both home recording studios and professional production, Eris E5 studio monitors combine sterling audio quality with the flexible tuning and connectivity you've come to expect from PreSonus®.
- Sold Individually.
- 5.25-inch woven composite low-frequency transducer
- 1-inch (25 mm), ultra-low-mass, silk-dome, high-frequency transducer
- 80 watt, Class AB biamplification
- Front-firing acoustic port for superior bass-frequency reproduction
- Acoustic Tuning control for accurate mixing contour: Midrange (±6 dB, continuously variable), HF (±6 dB, continuously variable), Highpass filter (Off, 80 Hz, 100 Hz)
- Acoustic Space settings (flat, -2, -4 dB)
- RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, transient, and subsonic protection
- Optimized, resonance-suppressing internal bracing
- Balanced XLR/¼-inch and unbalanced RCA inputs
- 102 dB maximum continuous SPL
Highlights & specs
Designed to sound their best in any room.
- Eris E5 studio monitors are equipped with Acoustic Tuning controls to ensure the flattest response in your mix environment. You get Low-cut, Mid, and High controls, as well as three-way Acoustic Space tuning that makes it easy to compensate for the boundary bass boost that occurs when a speaker is placed too close to a wall.
World-class recording software included.
- Eris E5 studio monitors come with a special edition of PreSonus® Studio One™ Prime recording and production software, with the entire Studio Magic software suite enabled. Studio Magic includes over $1,000 USD worth of music software including plug-ins, loops, virtual instruments, effects and tutorials.
- Wattage80 Watts
- Connection TypeIEC
- Cabinet MaterialVinyl-Laminated, Medium-Density Fiberboard
- ProtectionsRF Interference
External Mains Fuse
- Audio SwitchesLow Cut: Flat, 80 Hz, 100 HzAcoustic Space: Flat, -2 dB, -4 dB
- Audio ControlsVolume Range: A-type TaperMF Control: Variable (-6 to +6 dB)HF Control: Variable (-6 to +6 dB)
- Peak SPL102 dB at 1 Meter
- Crossover Frequency3 kHz
- Monitor Inputs1- Balanced XLR, 1- Balanced 1/4" TRS, 1- Unbalanced RCA
- HF Transducers1” Silk Dome Tweeter
- LF Transducers5.25”
- Frequency Response53 Hz - 22 kHz
- Input Impedance10 kΩ
- Monitor Amplifier Power80 Watts (45W LF, 35W HF)