IN THE REVOLUTION
The DDJ-REV1 matches perfectly with the free Serato DJ Lite software, boasting a brand-new battle-style layout that’s easy to use and perfect for playing like a pro. The design of this 2-channel DJ controller emulates a professional DJM-S mixer + PLX turntable setup, including specialized features for open-format and scratch DJs.
Brand-new battle-style layout
- Get hands-on with an interface designed to emulate 2 x PLX turntables and a DJM-S series mixer – the kind of setup used by pro battle DJs. There’s plenty of space to perform mixing and scratching techniques thanks to the new arrangement of the controls on the DDJ-REV1. The tempo sliders are 60mm – longer than those on the DDJ-SB3 to give you finer control – and they run horizontally above the decks while the Performance Pads have been moved into the mixer section so you can intuitively combine effects, trigger samples, and scratch your tracks.
Bigger jog wheels
- The bigger the jog wheels, the better for scratching. The jogs on the DDJ-REV1 are the same size as the ones on the DDJ-SR2, a popular controller that’s higher up in our range.
- Dynamically add texture to the music with Lever FX. Pull the levers down and hold them to apply effects from Serato DJ Lite in short bursts or push them up to lock on effects and free up your hands for scratching or track browsing.
Tracking Scratch: Get a helping hand with scratching
- The Tracking Scratch feature silently takes the music back to the cue point the moment you move the jog wheel from backward to forward or lift your hand away – saving you from closing the fader and finding the right place in the music to start the scratch again. All you need to do is to select the Tracking Scratch Pad mode, press a Performance Pad to choose the Scratch Crossfader Cuts pattern you want to use, then start moving the jog.
Mixed microphone audio: Easily add your voice while you’re streaming
- For the first time in a Pioneer DJ controller at this level, the output of the master audio is mixed with the sound from the microphone if you have one plugged in. This means you don’t need any external equipment such as a soundcard or separate mixer if you want to add speech or vocals to your performance and route it through your computer. All sounds are sent to Serato DJ Lite so you can stream from there.
Serato DJ Lite integration: Enjoy full use of the free software
- As soon as you’ve downloaded Serato DJ Lite to your PC/Mac for free, you can simply connect the DDJ-REV1 via the supplied USB cable and start DJing. Enjoy tactile control of various features and effects in the software by manipulating the buttons, knobs, faders, and jog wheels on the controller.
- With the Scratch Bank pad mode, you can instantly load scratch samples from 4 banks that you’ve assigned in Serato DJ Lite or Pro by simply tapping the dedicated Scratch Bank button.