The Subsequent 37
The Moog Subsequent 37 CV features a silky keybed with enhanced playability, a high-powered headphone amplifier for live monitoring, and analog signal path embellishments that significantly expand your sonic palette. From behemoth basses to lashing leads to posh pads, the Subsequent 37 is a serious performers' synthesizer with the hands-on control you need to inject serious expression into your live keyboard performances.
Enhanced analog signal path for greater sonic versatility
Along with control-voltage output flexibility, the Subsequent 37 also gives you an enhanced analog signal path for a broader palette of sounds. The re-tuned Multidrive circuit lets you crank the gain further for a more extreme range of dirt that can blast through a track more aggressively than the relatively polite growl and grit on tap in the Sub 37. The Subsequent 37 mixer also has double the headroom, and the Ladder Filter gain staging has been massaged to boost harmonic saturation and signal compression. All in, the Subsequent 37 is an irresistible analog synth value with classic fat and punchy Moog sound, real-time tweakability, and a lovely, custom chassis with wooden end cheeks, lovingly handcrafted in Asheville, NC.
Duo Mode — and what it can do for you
We have received quite a few questions at Sweetwater about the Sub 37's Duo Mode — an architecture shared by the Subsequent 37. This is basically a two-note paraphonic mode; meaning each of the two oscillators can play a different note while sharing the same audio path. You can hold a bass drone note while playing a lead over it, play in fifths, and create other interesting musical effects you can't achieve with a monophonic synthesizer.
Designed for hands-on control
Fitted with 37 keys, 40 knobs, and 74 switches like the Sub 37 Tribute Edition, the Subsequent 37 is made to be manipulated. Dedicated controls make it easy to shape your sounds in real time while performing, and the extra-large filter cutoff knob is easy to find with your hands when your eyes are focused elsewhere. Set up an arpeggiated sequence, and you can easily spend hours tweaking knobs and creating new sounds. You'll never have to dive into menus or remember which button has the shift function you're trying to access.
Moog Subsequent 37 Analog Synthesizer Features:
- All-analog Moog synthesizer with Mono and Duo modes
- Re-tuned Multidrive circuit for a wider range and more dirt
- Increased mixer headroom delivers even better sounds in Duo mode
- Upgraded 37-note, velocity- and aftertouch-enabled keybed with enhanced action
- High-power headphone amp is great for cuing up sounds in loud venues
- Create animated sounds with 2 versatile modulation buses
- Syncable arpeggiator and step sequencer for even more creative potential
- DAHDSR (Delay, Attack, Hold, Decay, Sustain, Release) looping envelopes with sync
- Legendary Moog ladder filter can sound smooth or aggressive with resonance, MultiDrive, and selectable slope
- Dedicated controls give you immediate access to every sound-shaping parameter
- 256 presets arranged in 16 banks of 16 patches
- Handcrafted in Moog Music's Asheville, NC factory