Semi-modular Moog for Eurorack
Moog joins the Eurorack revolution with the semi-modular Mother-32 monosynth. This distinctly vintage-voiced, raw, powerful synthesizer boasts switchable lowpass and highpass Moog ladder filters (20Hz-20kHz), a voltage-controlled 32-step sequencer for self-contained programming, a MIDI input for external control and MIDI to CV conversion, and a 32-point 3.5mm patchbay for interconnectivity and extended synthesis capabilities. For those of us at Sweetwater who've jumped into this modern modular synth format, the Mother-32 is truly exciting news. And if you're looking to get into the Eurorack synth platform, you couldn't ask for a better starting point.
Powerful analog sound for your desktop
The semi-modular Mother-32 serves up the iconic Moog analog sound, yet it's also conveniently modern. Its massive analog tone spans the range from fat and wooly to sharp and metallic. You can route most of the Mother-32's modulation sources via mini toggle switches, giving you access to impressive sound-design power. You'll be able to generate earth-shaking bass, screaming leads, and atmospheric effects without ever touching a patch cable. And thanks to the 32-point patchbay onboard the Mother-32, you can easily connect other Eurorack modules to create a vastly complex and extremely powerful synthesizer. The MIDI to CV converter and 5-pin MIDI input let you integrate the rest of your synth gear. Want to build a bigger synth rig? Grab a 2-tier or 3-tier rack kit for your Mother-32 (available here at Sweetwater), toss in a chassis or two, and load them up with other great Eurorack modules from Tiptop Audio, Pittsburgh Modular, Studio Electronics, and many others.
Classic analog synth architecture
The Mother-32's oscillator section offers saw and pulse wave shapes, plus control over pulse width. There's a noise generator too, and the filter resonance can reach self-oscillation as well, allowing you to use that as an oscillator with a simple patch. Use the LFO to modulate the Mother-32's VCO and VCF, or other Eurorack modules via the patchbay. The LFO offers square and triangle wave shapes and can reach audio rates for a wide range of creative effects. Use the AD(SR) envelope's Attack and Decay controls to quickly shape your sounds. Sustain can be engaged with a switch, at which point the Decay control becomes your Release control. You can generate everything from percussive hits and pluck sounds to sustained leads and evolving soundscapes. For sheer fatness, it's hard to beat Moog's classic ladder filter design. On the Mother-32 you can choose from lowpass and highpass modes, and the filter can be modulated via the LFO, envelope, or via external CV control.
Voltage-controlled 32-step sequencer
Two sequence modes make it easy to lay down patterns with the Mother-32. KB mode allows you to play notes in directly from the keyboard panel, while Step mode lets you program in notes manually. You can combine the two modes to play and edit patterns with incredible detail. Each step in your sequence has variable gate length, and with ties, glide, and accent control, you'll be able to achieve highly animated sequences (64 custom sequences can be created and saved). You can also add multi-note ratchets to individual steps to create cool stutter effects. And while the sequencer is running, temporarily mute playback, add accents, ratchet the sequence, and transpose the sequence for creative live performance potential.
Moog Mother-32 Features:
- The first semi-modular tabletop and Eurorack synthesizer from Moog
- Raw, fat analog sound meets modern sequencing and MIDI control
- 13-button, 1-octave keyboard lets you perform and create/edit sequences
- Create patterns via the voltage-controlled 32-step sequencer with 64 sequence locations
- Includes vintage-style Moog oscillator with pulse and sawtooth wave outputs
- Quintessential Moog Ladder highpass and lowpass filter includes voltage-controlled resonance
- Create electronic percussion sounds via the white noise generator
- Audio input allows you to process external sound sources
- Onboard 2-input voltage-controlled mixer lets you combine control voltage
- 32-point modular patchbay includes 5 x 3.5mm patch cables
- MIDI to CV converter and 5-pin MIDI input let you integrate the rest of your synth gear
- Complete Eurorack synthesizer that can easily be installed in a Eurorack case