Build Your Analog Sound – Literally
Whether you’re looking to scratch that DIY itch or you’re finally ready to take the plunge into analog synthesis, Moog’s Mavis is a spectacular way to get immersed in 100% analog design. Remove it from its housing and you’ve got a 24-point, voltage-controllable 44HP module that’s Eurorack-ready. Alongside a classic Moog Ladder Filter, the Mavis boasts a VCO (with PWM), a VCA, an LFO, and a 4-stage envelope generator. This mini-mono synth also proudly introduces Moog’s first analog wavefolder, diversifying opportunities with additive synthesis. With no soldering required, you can assemble the Mavis in an afternoon, regardless of skill level. Finally, the included protective cover will keep your Mavis clear of trouble in the studio or on the road.
Authentic analog arsenal
Moog has spared no effort in ensuring the maximum array of analog offerings, despite what the size might suggest. Get to gliding with the expressive 1 v/oct scale and explore unusual pitch relationships, thanks to the KB scale knob and onboard baker’s octave of keys. Build rich harmonic character with the mixable saw/square VCO, which features Pulse Width Modulation to fine-tune your waveform. Harness the power of classic Moog basses and leads with the VCF, a sonic sculpting tool with a -24dB Lowpass Ladder Filter. Moog opted for crossfaders over switches in their modulation, allowing you to variably shape the LFO, with a 4-stage envelope generator to discover compelling and unexpected modulation contours. Mavis doesn’t stop at Moog-classic subtractive synthesis, however; they’ve also provided an additive synthesis option via a totally analog diode wavefolder, drastically broadening your sonic potential.
Dropping anchor in patchbay
Taking its modular roots to heart, Mavis can be removed from its housing (or ignore the housing altogether, as you build it) to fit into any Eurorack setup, so long as you’ve got the 44HP to spare. A 24-point patchbay enables total CV control, easily integrating into your current or prospective rig. For the adventuresome sound designers, the patchable Sample and Hold circuit is ideal for adding texture and color to any sequence or progression.
Moog Mavis Semi-modular Analog Synthesizer Kit Features:
- Build-it-yourself model means authentic analog sound with no soldering required
- Onboard 13-key baker’s octave means quick playback with full glide and KB scaling
- 1 v/oct setup enables exploration of unusual pitch and tone relationships
- VCO features Pulse Width Modulation to create even greater range of harmonic character
- Sculpt classic-style Moog leads and licks with the -24dB Low Pass Ladder Filter
- Crossfader-based LFO modulation allows you to utilize the 4-stage envelope generator to devise intriguing and uncommon contours
- Diode wavefolding circuitry means analog additive synthesis is now a possibility
- 24-point patchbay provides easy Eurorack integration at just 44HP
- Included protective cover keeps your Mavis clear of dirt and grime, in the studio or on the road