A New Standard for Compact Analog Synths
Moog may have put analog synthesis on the map in the 1960s, but the company has never rested on its laurels. The drive to continually advance the state of the art runs deep in Moog’s DNA. Sweetwater is proud to present the Subsequent 25 compact analog synth. The Sub Phatty was a huge hit here, and the Subsequent 25 builds on that legacy, incorporating artist feedback into the evolution of Moog instruments that continue to inspire musicians worldwide. Upgraded with twice the headroom, Moog’s paraphonic Duo Mode, real wood side panels, and much more, the Moog Subsequent 25 sets a new standard in compact analog synthesizers.
A serious performers’ synthesizer
The Subsequent 25 features a silky keybed with enhanced playability, a high-powered headphone amplifier for live monitoring, and analog signal path embellishments that significantly expand your sonic palette. From behemoth basses to lashing leads to posh pads, the Subsequent 25 is a serious performers’ synthesizer with the hands-on control you need to inject serious expression into your live keyboard performances. All in, the Subsequent 25 is an irresistible analog synth value with classic fat and punchy Moog sound, real-time tweakability, and a lovely, custom chassis with wooden side panels, lovingly handcrafted in Asheville, NC.
Enhanced analog signal path for greater sonic versatility
Along with the flexibility of CV (Control Voltage) and audio inputs, the Subsequent 25 also gives you an enhanced analog signal path for a broader palette of sounds. The re-tuned Multidrive circuit lets you crank the gain further for a more extreme range of dirt that can blast through a track more aggressively than the relatively polite growl and grit on tap in the Sub Phatty. The Subsequent 25 mixer also has double the headroom for access to a new range of classic clean tones, and the Ladder Filter gain staging has been massaged to boost harmonic saturation and signal compression for in-your-face bass that will blow holes in walls.
Duo Mode — and what it can do for you
We have received quite a few questions at Sweetwater about Moog’s Duo Mode — an architecture shared by the Subsequent 25. This is basically a two-note paraphonic mode; meaning each of the two oscillators can play a different note while sharing the same audio path. You can hold a bass drone note while playing a lead over it, play in intervals, and create other interesting musical textures and effects you can’t achieve with a monophonic synthesizer.
Designed for hands-on control
Fitted with 25 silky-smooth keys and inviting knobularity, the Subsequent 25 is made to be manipulated. Dedicated controls make it easy to shape your sounds in real time while performing, and the extra-large filter cutoff knob is easy to find with your hands when your eyes are focused elsewhere. Take it from us: you can easily spend hours tweaking knobs and creating new sounds. And you’ll never have to dive into menus or remember which button has the shift function you’re trying to access. With its obvious assets, authentic pedigree, and budget-friendly price tag, the Subsequent 25 is your opportunity to own the Moog you’ve always wanted.
Moog Subsequent 25 Analog Synthesizer Features:
- 25-note semi-weighted, velocity-sensitive keybed with enhanced playability
- Pitchbend, mod wheel, octave shift buttons
- Polyphony: monophonic, 2-note paraphonic Duo mode
- Analog sound engine: 2 Oscillators, 1 Sub Oscillator, 1 Noise Generator
- Moog Ladder Filter with 6/12/18/24dB per octave slopes
- Reshaped Ladder Filter gain staging boosts harmonic saturation and compression for a richer low end
- LFO: triangle, square, sawtooth, ramp, sample & hold
- Twice the headroom for a new range of classic clean tones in Mono and Duo modes
- Re-tuned Multidrive circuit for a wider range and more dirt
- 16 new presets optimized to leverage the instrument’s upgraded circuitry
- New high-powered headphone amplifier robust enough to drive any headphones
- Free Editor/Librarian software for Mac/PC (plug-in or standalone)
- Sleek, roadworthy custom chassis with genuine wood side panels
- Audio inputs: 1 x 1/4" (Ext. In); Audio Outputs: 1 x 1/4"
- USB: 1 Type B; MIDI I/O: In/Out/USB
- Filter CV In, Pitch CV In, Volume CV In, KB Gate In
- Internal power supply: 110/240V AC
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 6.75" x 20.25" x 14.75"
- Weight: a gigable 16 pounds